Plan a Mountain Vacation in North Carolina
Whether you’re planning a getaway or an event, be sure to enjoy all of the activities available during your stay at the Buck House Inn on Bald Mountain Creek.
Enjoy a hearty breakfast, and then explore the surrounding area with activities offering something for everyone.
Activities “On the Mountain”
- Golf at Wolf Laurel Country Club
- Horseback riding at Wolf Laurel Stables adjacent to the Inn.
- Hiking on miles of nature trails (maps available)
- Guided off-road UTV trail ride
- Appalachian Trail access on Big Bald Mountain, only 10 minutes away
- Catch & release trout fishing in our stocked pond or in nearby streams
- Picnic lunch at the Pavilion with a gorgeous long-range view or backpack to Bald Mountain
- Casual or fine dining at Wolf Laurel Country Club
- Relax in one of the creek side swings along Bald Mountain Creek
- Play yard games on the front lawn: croquet, bocce ball, Frisbee, horseshoes
- Stroll and explore historic outbuildings on the Inn’s eight acres: the spring house, old general store, the apple barn, and family cemetery
- Enjoy an evening around our cozy creek side fire pit with a glass of wine, hot chocolate, or s’mores
- Sit back and enjoy the scenic gap view from the veranda
Other Activities Nearby
- Antiquing and shopping in nearby Burnsville, Weaverville, Mars Hill, or Asheville
- Biltmore Estates and Winery in Asheville (1 hour)
- Numerous mountain festivals in the area, such as Mt. Mitchell Crafts Fair in Burnsville (20 minutes) and Bele Chere in Asheville. (35 minutes)
- Variety of dining in Asheville (35 minutes)
- Cafes and delis for lunch in Burnsville (15 minutes)
- Ziplining with incredible speeds and mountain views at Navitat
- White water rafting (class I-IV) on the Nolichucky River.
- Whitewater rafting on the French Broad River (45 minutes)
- Mt Mitchell State Park near Burnsville, the highest point east of the Mississippi (30 minutes)
- Trout fishing on Upper Toe River or nearby creeks
- Roan Mountain State Park near Erwin, TN. (1 hour)
- Historic Jonesborough, TN, Storytelling Capital of the World (1 hour)
- Destination hikes in the vicinity (maps and directions available)